Super decadent no-fuss chocolate brownies made from scratch using both milk and semi-sweet chocolate resulting in a fudgy brownie flavored with 100% chocolatey goodness.
Well, the holidays are here and I’m feeling overwhelmed. I’m sure you can relate. Instead of tackling my to-do lists to get things done in time for the upcoming Thanksgiving day feast, I decided to make brownies. Some people have a glass of wine to get through their holiday stress, I do chocolate.
My go-to no-fuss brownie recipe only requires a handful of ingredients that you probably already have stored in your pantry – basically chocolate, butter, eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. You can’t get any simpler than that. Just melt the chocolate and butter, add the eggs and dry ingredients, pour and bake. Honestly, the most tedious part of this whole recipe is lining your baking pan with parchment paper.
The result is a super decadent fudgy brownie from scratch flavored with 100% chocolatey goodness. And because these brownies use both milk and semi-sweet chocolate, there is no need to add any sugar into the mix. The chocolate takes care of that job.
In case your wondering, for this brownie recipe, you can use baking chocolate either in chip or bar form. I prefer chips because they come packaged in the exact amount the recipe calls for without the need for measuring or having to break the bars up into pieces. I find that chips are just more convenient than bars, but use whatever you prefer. Whatever you choose, just go for a good quality chocolate. Your tastebuds will thank you for it.
I’m telling you, once you make these brownies you will never used that boxed stuff again.
No-fuss Brownies From Scratch
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 11 oz milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350º and line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Set aside about 3 oz of milk chocolate and chop into chunky pieces. If using chocolate chips, no need to chop unless you want smaller pieces.
4. In a heat proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, melt together the butter, remaining milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate and stir frequently.
5. Remove the bowl with the chocolate mixture from the pan of simmering water. Into the mixture add the eggs and dry ingredients along with half of the chopped milk chocolate bits.
6. Pour the mix into the prepared baking pan and top with the remaining milk chocolate bits. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, let the brownies cool for a bit in the pan then cut into 16 squares. Store in an air tight container.